Manchester Institute For Psychotherapy Referral Policy
* The referral system was implemented by MIP in 2002, its main purpose is to provide the public with a comprehensive referral service.
* MIP provides an assessor that will complete a comprehensive assessment of the psychological needs of the Client, to ensure that they are suitable for psychotherapy treatment and if so they will recommend an appropriate therapist for that Client, according to their needs and financial resources.
* The duration of an individual assessment is 30 minutes in total, if it is a couple assessment it will be 45 minutes in total.
* The assessor will be a qualified therapist designated by MIP.
* The MIP assessor will respect professional boundaries, for example a Client will not be referred to any therapist, if it is known that they are already seeing a family members, friends etc.
* The therapist that the assessor will recommend may be a qualified therapist or at the very least in Advanced Clinical training, of at least 2 years.
* The recommended therapist will have access to their own professional supervisor.
* The recommended therapists rent rooms at MIP, and work from MIP on a part time or full time basis.
* The recommended therapist will be accountable to their own professional body, which could be one of the following – UKCP – BACP – UKATA, and all these bodies will have a complaints process.
This policy is regularly reviewed every 18 months and updated a minimum of every 36 months as necessary.
Reviewed July 2015