Self Harm – and addictive behaviour cycles – What’s really going on?
People who self harm tend not to be able to regulate their emotions well, often being given to impulsivity.
In this workshop we will explore:
- How come young people turn to such extreme coping methods?
- What role this powerful coping mechanism plays?
- Learn to identify the feeling behind the act
- Explore therapeutic interventions
- Look at strategies to support healthier regulation
Presented by Amanda Phillips, UKCP Integrative Psychotherapist, Trainer and Supervisor
Amanda has extensive experience of working with children and adolescents in numerous educational settings over the last 15 years. She is currently co-facilitating the Certificate in Child and Adolescent Studies and works in private practice with both children and adults working relationally within the Integrative theoretical model.