Embodied Expressions of Inner Pain
A Two Day Workshop
Presented by Deborah Lloyd and Emma-Jayne Browne
Why do they self-harm? Why can’t they just talk to me? How can I stop it? These are all questions that we may consider around the area of self-harm. Then of course, in the middle of all the panic and concern – there is the question – what is it like to be the person who is self-harming?
Aim of the Course:
* Working towards increasing your understanding of the underlying reasons for self-harm in children and young people who have experienced developmental trauma.
* This course will look at a variety of issues around self-harm in young people.
* To build your confidence when working with or supporting young people who are self-harming and their Carers.
During the course you will:
– Gain a deeper Understanding of the links between trauma and self-harm
– Understand the common myths and stigma surrounding self-harm
– Be able to assess, minimise and manage risks effectively and explore alternatives to self-harm
– Help develop the resilience of people vulnerable to self-harm using proven strategies
– Explore and reflect on your own feelings about self-harm, and how they influence your practice
Trainers: Deborah Lloyd has worked within Social Care and the NHS (CAMHS) with over 20 years experience working systemically with children, young people and their families. Currently she works as an Independent integrative psychotherapist and also within as a NHS Lead Psychological Therapist. Emma-Jayne Browne has worked within the NHS for over 16 years as a psychological therapist/ cognitive analytic psychotherapist and currently works within the NHS within a specialist psychological service. She also has a private practice.
Venue: The Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy
Date: Monday and Tuesday, 8th & 9th February 2021
Time: 10.00am – 5.00 pm
Cost: £225 – Deposit – £75 (non-refundable)
Payable online or by card by telephoning 0161-862 9456
(or by cheque payable to Manchester Trainings
To book online click the shop
This workshop carries Continuing Professional Development Credits