- This event has passed.
WORKING WITH CHALLENGING BEHAVIOUR
October 16, 2013 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
This one day workshop is an experiential workshop to explore different ways of understanding and working with teenagers’ behaviour. How they present usually masks a whole host of unresolved feelings and emotions preventing them from forming healthy relationships.
- Look at the presentation of behaviour in relation to childhood experience
- Use theory to support understanding of learned responses
- Explore how to work with anger in teenagers
- Target appropriate interventions to encourage and build autonomy
- Learn how to manage and reflect on our own responsesThis workshop will be of value to any practitioner working with or considering working with this age group. It will also provide confidence for anyone from Youth Workers, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Youth Offending Teams to help parents to communicate and have more effective relationships with teenagers.
Trainer Amanda Phillips :
Amanda has had 20 years of experience of working with children and young people in numerous settings such
as schools, colleges, hostels and private practice. As a Psychotherapist this work includes school’s counsellor, family therapy and in-depth 1-1 with homeless teenagers. She runs groups on self esteem, anger management and provides training for the City council on attachment, engaging young people and managing challenging behaviour. Her passion and respect for young people combined with her warmth and humour allows the young person to feel safe enough to engage and build a relationship where change can take place.
Amanda has been in private practice with adults for over 12 years using an Integrative approach which draws on a variety of modalities including TA, Gestalt, CBT and Humanistic. She believes that the theoretical model forms the backdrop to her work but that it is the relationship between which is fundamental to growth and change. She works therapeutically part time at a pupil referral unit and part time at the Institute.
Venue: The Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy
Date: 16th OCTOBER 2013 (Wednesday) Time: 10.00 am – 5.00 pm
Cost: £125.00 (cheques payable to: Manchester Trainings)
(Deposit £50.00 – non-refundable)
This workshop carries Continuing Professional Development Credits