Psychotherapy is an important investment in your wellbeing. Taking the first step can be a little daunting. After reading this, I hope you feel more at ease and ready to start.
Therapy is a uniquely personal experience and we are all different. So, at our first meeting we will explore what you want to achieve. Our work together might include:
- Building a strong sense of who you are and how you want to be in the world, so that you can make confident choices and decisions.
- Making connections between past and present to help resolve old issues and question out-dated beliefs that may be stopping you from reaching your goals.
- Navigating difficulties at work such as bullying, restructure or redundancy.
- Coming to terms with bereavement, loss or the end of a relationship.
- Feeling more balanced, present and resourceful.
We will also look to the future so that, when you are ready to end therapy, you have developed some good self-care strategies and a plan of what is next for you.
My approach is one of warmth, kindness and compassion. I offer a safe, respectful and confidential space, where you will feel heard, accepted and understood. My role is to accompany you on yourjourney, help you gain a better understanding of yourself and support you to make the changes you want.
I work using Transactional Analysis (TA) a form of psychotherapy, which provides some very practical models for understanding ourselves, enhancing communication and deepening relationships.
My professional background is in organisational development. An interest in people and relationships led me to retrain as a psychotherapist. I have a Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy and began working with clients in 2015. During this time, I have experienced the power of psychotherapy to heal and transform. I have special interests in childhood trauma, spirituality and creativity.
I am a member of BACP and trainee member of UKCP and UKATA and adhere to their ethical standards.