The Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy (MIP) is open to all.
Entry to the four year training course is stated in our brochure, together with an APL policy.
- Complete the application form for the psychotherapy training and send it to the Training Director.
- The Director, together with another trainer, will assess the application form against the relevant criteria.
- If the candidate meets the required criteria they will be invited to MIP for an interview.
- Consideration will be given to the candidate’s motivation and purpose for applying. The major objective of this selection process will be to judge their readiness for admission to the psychotherapy programme.
- After discussion, a decision will be made with regards to the candidate’s entry onto the psychotherapy training programme.
- If successful, the candidate will receive both verbal and written confirmation.
- If the candidate’s application is declined, they will be notified in writing and feedback will be provided, if requested.
- If the candidate decides to appeal against the decision, they will be asked to put their appeal in writing to the Training Director, stating their grounds for appeal.
Training Director’s criteria for discussion at selection interview:
- Any questions arising from the application form/CV.
- Personal circumstances.
- Professional experience.
- Motivation and interest for the training.
- Own experiences with psychotherapy process.
- Psychotherapy courses and groups that they have attended, including relevant qualifications.
- Self appraisal of own psychological health and resilience.
- Ability to meet the financial costs of psychotherapy training, personal therapy and supervision.
- Consideration of candidate’s needs including any special education needs, sen reports or physical disability.
- Eligibility for bursary.
This policy is regularly reviewed every 18 months.
Last revision – December 2018