In this video Bob Cooke TSTA and Rory Lee Oakes ,discuss what is meant by the Erotic Transference? How do Psychotherapists deal with this phenomena in the service of a Relational Psychotherapy.
The list below are the Clinical compentancies that the 2yr students on the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy Transactional Analysis Training Programme, have to successfully demonstrate ,via role play, to be awarded the Clinical Endorsement to Practice.
1. Listen actively / summarise / paraphrase.
2. Can establish bilateral mutual contracts with a well defined outcome.
3. Describe clinical intervention made with clients in TA theoretical terms.
4. To demonstrate contactfulness with client
5. Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain boundaries.
6. Ask open questions and not closed questions within the therapeutic session.
7. Treat clients with dignity, respect and integrity, i.e., come from, I ok – you ok position.
8. Ability to listen, non-judgmentally and with openness.
9. Ability to facilitate the client, to talk openly and freely.
10. Is able to demonstrate intervention that facilitates contract resolution.
11. To demonstrate the ability to reflect on their possible counter- transference, and the transferential process