Improving lives by providing high quality psychotherapies.
- engage with the public to raise awareness of high quality psychotherapies, advocate their use and influence policy to improve access to services
- promote excellence by setting standards in ethics and training
- protect the public through robust regulation
- speak out against injustice, and
- represent the profession nationally and internationally.
- Improving access
To make sure that high-quality psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling in both private and public sectors is available to everyone, no matter who they are.
- Engaging better
To improve the way we engage with our individual and organisational members and provide services and benefits which are valued by all.
- Maintain standards of excellence
To protect the public by making sure everyone on our register meets our professional standards, at the same time making sure our register meets national accreditation requirements. To continue setting high standards in the way we govern and organise ourselves.
- Collaborating for success
To develop existing external collaborations and actively seek new ones to achieve a more powerful voice to promote psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling.
To carry out appropriate research and use findings to promote psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling and inform our members’ training and development for the benefit of all.