Members: Chair Janet Fengeros, Steff Cooke, Simon Bayley, Kellie Barrett and Yasin Dewan.
The remit of the Quality & Procedures Committee is to develop policies, review and revise them over an 18 months cycle, as well as giving advice and guidance to facilitate the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy’s overall development
* The Quality & Procedures Committee is responsible for ensuring acceptable standards in the delivery of training and in the provision of clinical services.
* In carrying out these functions the Quality & Procedures Committee may have access to documents, papers, courses and correspondence.
* The Quality & Procedures Committee meets a minimum of six times a year.
* The Quality & Procedures Committee will complete an annual report which will contain the following:
(1) Activities and actions from previous Quality & Procedures Committee meetings; and
(2) Items requiring action to support and improve the quality and delivery of training at MIP.
* In order to function effectively, the Quality & Procedures Committee should consist of at least five members.
* The quorum for the Committee is three members.
* The Committee may co-opt new members onto their Committee, though there must be a unanimous decision for this to happen.
* Minutes must be kept of the meetings held by the Quality & Procedures Committee, which will include any emergency meetings which have been actioned. A copy of these minutes must be forwarded to MIP.
* The Quality & Procedures Committee should include at least two senior members of MIP, and graduate members.
* The Chair of the Committee will serve for a period of five years and may serve no more than three consecutive terms.
* A minimum of 50% attendance at meetings is required by the quoracy.
* A consensus decision-making process will normally be followed.