Members: Janet Fengeros (Chair), Simon Bayley, Yasmin Dewan, Kellie Barratt, Stephanie Cooke
1. Terms of Reference
The remit of the Quality & Ethics Committee is to develop policies and to provide advice and guidance on issues in respect of the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy’s overall development.
* To deal with complaints/grievances and ethical issues with regards to the training programme at MIP.
* The Quality & Ethics Committee is responsible to MIP for ensuring acceptable standards in the delivery of training at MIP and in the provision of clinical services at MIP.
* The Quality & Ethics Committee has oversight of the personal wellbeing of the trainees registered on MIP courses.
* In carrying out these functions the Quality & Ethics Committee has access, if necessary, to any or all training workshops and all documents, papers, courses and correspondence to enable it to carry out its functions of monitoring training at MIP.
* The Quality & Ethics Committee meets a minimum of six times a year. The quorum for the committee is three members.
* The Quality & Ethics Committee will complete an annual report which will contain the following:
1. Activities and actions from previous Quality & Ethics Committee meetings
2. Items requiring action to support and improve the quality and delivery of training at MIP.
* Membership of Quality & Ethics Committee is via voting through the AGM. In order to function effectively, the Quality & Ethics Committee should consist of at least five members.
* The quorum for the Committee is three members.
* The Committee may co-opt new members onto their Committee, though there must be a unanimous decision for this to happen.
* Minutes must be kept of the meetings held by the Quality & Ethics Committee which will include any emergency meetings which have been actioned.
* The Quality & Ethics Committee should include at least two senior members of MIP, as well as representation from trainee members and graduates.
* The Chair of the Committee will serve for a period of five years and may serve no more than three consecutive terms.
* A minimum of 50% attendance at meetings is required by the quoracy.
* A consensus decision-making process will normally be followed.