1. Terms of Reference
The remit of the Social Committee is to organise, formulate and develop all social events within the Manchester Institute for Psychotherarpy (MIP) and for the Manchester Institute members.
* The overall management of events, social meetings and the social calendar of MIP.
* The Social Committee is responsible for the raising of monies for events and social meetings within MIP, eg Christmas parties etc.
* The Social Committee is responsible for creating new innovations and encouraging the members to participate in the social calendar of MIP.
* The Social Committee is responsible for fostering a wider social calendar for the MIP community and dialogue within the community itself with regards to social activities etc.
* The Social Committee will dialogue with the Director of MIP in relation to the creation of a MIP Members Website.
* The Social Committee will comprise two to four members.
* The Chair of the Social Committee will be elected at the AGM.
* The Chair will be elected for a three year period, following which a new chair will be voted for at MIP’s AGM.
* The quorum for the Social Committee is two members
* A consensus decision-making process will normally be followed.