1. Terms of Reference
The remit for the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Committee is to enable the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy to carry out its responsibilities for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda and provide strategic direction, leadership and support for promoting and maintaining equality, diversity and inclusion across MIP.
2. Aims and Objectives
The EDI committee is to ensure that:
* The Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy (MIP) addresses the needs of the trainees, staff, volunteers and diverse community that it serves and raises awareness of the need for individuals who visit (clients and visitors) and those employed by the centre be treated fairly and ensure equality for all.
* Equality, Diversity and Inclusion improvements, updates and issues are discussed and an agreed plan is progressed. The workplan may consist of priorities that link to MIP and the wider development of services.
* Long-term aim is to create an equality, diversity and inclusion manual which will cover many of the areas above and other areas that may not be included above.
* Other objectives for the committee are to provide a forum for discussion at a general and specific level and, where appropriate, joint working with other committees.
* To work closely with all necessary committees of MIP, senior trainers and directors of MIP with the objective, as said above, to encourage and develop all areas of equality, diversity and inclusion within MIP and the general community.
* The committee members will familiarise themselves with the concepts of equality, diversity and inclusion and together/collectively discuss their thoughts on how the objectives and aims above will be reached.
* The committee is committed to the pursuit of equality, diversity and inclusion not only within MIP but also within all areas of human rights.
* The committee will be responsible for dialoguing with the director of MIP and the webmaster of MIP to make sure that the content of the MIP website is current and up to date with regards to EDI recommendations.
* Finally, the Chair of the committee will need to submit a short annual report at the time of the MIP AGM.
* The membership of this committee should be a minimum of 3 members and a maximum of 6 members. Membership should be drawn from the general membership of the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy. If possible members should represent different categories of membership of MIP.
* The chair should be in place no longer than 3 years and the AGM will elect a new Chair.
* There needs to be a quorum of at least 2 members for the committee to meet.
* A consensus decision making process will normally be followed.
* The committee should meet at least 3-4 times a year.
* The duration time of the committee will be determined by this specific committee, for example 1-2 hours.
* The committee may meet online or at MIP whichever medium is suitable for the membership of the group.