Members: Steff Cooke (Chair), Janet Fengeros, Elaine Williams (lay member), Josie Coert (lay member) and Ruth Birkebaek
The remit of the Ethics Committee is to administer MIP’s Complaints procedure. The Ethics Committee will also revise the Codes of Ethics and Professional Practice periodically, in the light of practice and guidelines issued by relevant professional bodies.
* To deal with complaints, grievances and ethical issues with regards to the training programme at MIP.
* In carrying out these functions the Ethics Committee may have access to documents, papers, courses and correspondence.
* The Ethics Committee meets a minimum of two times a year and when needed to deal with active complaints and grievances.
* The Ethics Committee is responsible for ensuring that protocol and procedures of complaints and grievances are followed accurately.
* The Ethics Committee will complete an annual report which will contain:
(1) activities and actions from previous Ethics Committee meetings.
(2) items requiring action to support the ethical procedures and delivery of training at MIP
* In order to function effectively the Ethics Committee should consist of at least 5 members.
* The quorum for the Committee is 2 members.
* The Committee should have at least 2 of their members as lay members.
* The Committee may co-opt new members onto this committee, although there must be a unanimous decision for this to happen.
* The Ethics Committee should include at least 2 senior members of MIP and lay members.
* A consensus decision-making process will normally be followed.