- Terms of Reference:
The remit for the Social Committee is to develop ideas and liaise with the Director of MIP on how to action and implement the ideas put forward by the committee.
* To work closely with all the committees of MIP, senior trainers and directors of MIP with the objective of putting forward ideas and new ventures with regards to social events, activities and ideas throughout MIP.
* The committee will work closely with all categories of membership of MIP to “sound out” ideas with regards to social events etc within MIP.
* The committee will be responsible for dialoguing with the Webmaster of MIP and the Director of MIP to make sure ideas and social events are advertised not only at MIP but also on the MIP website.
* The Chair of the committee will need to submit a short annual report at the time of MIP AGM.
* The membership of the committee should be a minimum of 3 members and no more than 5 members.
* Membership should be drawn from the general membership of MIP.
* The Chair should be in place no longer than 3 years and the AGM will then elect a new chair.
* There needs to be a quorum of at least 2 members.
* A consensus decision-making process will normally be followed
* The committee should meet at least two or three times a year.
* The duration time of the committee will be determined by this specific committee, e.g. one to two hours.
* The committee may meet online or at MIP, which ever is suitable for the membership of the committee.