This video talks about Therapy Contracts This video will be of interest for anyone interested in making Contracts within the Therapy process. It is an important video for all the students on the Manchester Institute Psychotherapy Training Programme. Indeed in the first module of all the Training years there is a focus on the Theory and methods of Contract making.
Bob Cooke TSTA talks with Rory Lee-Oakes,on this video, about the various training courses at The Manchester Institute For Psychotherapy. Rory has been a learner on several of our courses over the years,and therfore is in a good postion to talk about the courses from a learners viewpoint. Rory is also a Tutor of Counselling and for many years has taught students the practice of Counselling
Welcome to the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy, Counselling and Supervision
Established in 1987, the Manchester Institute is a non profit making educational organisation, specialising in the areas of Psychotherapy and Counselling Trainings, Counselling and Therapy Services, Supervision Training, Continuing Professional Development, and Psychotherapy Conferences.
Our mission is to provide a centre of excellence in terms of training of Psychotherapists, Counsellors and Supervisors as well as offering a Comprehensive Continuing Professional Development programme.
We operate in Manchester (England) though we cover all areas in the UK and many International localities. We promote a rigorous professionalism grounded in concern and humanity, both in skilled practitioner services and professional training.
All our courses are part time and specifically designed to be managed alongside current occupations.
As well as individual, group and couples’ therapy and counselling, we offer:
- 4 year, part time psychotherapy training in Transactional Analysis, using an Integrative approach. This course is taken at weekends,and leads to a National and International accreditation.
- National and International accredited introduction in Transactional Analysis.
- Introduction to Supervision
- Certificate in Supervision
- Continuing Professional Development Programme
- Psychotherapy Conferences
Psychotherapy and Counselling for all.
We offer a comprehensive Therapy and Counselling service to the public.
At the Manchester Institute there are over 14 therapists and counsellors who are experienced and qualified in the areas of facilitating people towards personal growth and problem solving.
Areas such as relationship issues, divorce and separation, anxiety, depression, self esteem, panic attacks, bereavement, sexual abuse, assertiveness and general well being are just some of the areas dealt with within the therapeutic services that the Institute offers.
Assessment and Referral Procedure
We operate a unique referral system where we will help guide a person to the appropriate therapist/counsellor of their choice. The referral system has been running for over 11 years and has provided a useful mechanism for people to find the right therapist and counselling services that will suit their specific needs.
This is a Transactional Analysis reading list, which hopefully you will find useful when thinking of which,of the many. Transaction Analysis books to purchase.
I have listed some of the most important Transaction Analysis books over the years, most I like ,and they are relevant and important for any students of Transactional analysis. This reading list is given out to students who book onto the four-year Psychotherapy Training Course in Transactional Analysis at the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy. The first year TA book which the students are required to purchase for the first year of Training on the specific course, is TA today. Many of the books on the list are recommended readings for anybody on the particular course at the Institute, and also ,of course .people who are just interested in the world Transactional Analysis. I hope you find them interesting, they certainly opened my eyes up to the world of psychotherapy and specifically TA.
- TA today by Ian Stewart and Vann joines 1987
- Scripts people live by Claude Steiner-1974
- Born to Win by Muriel James and Dorothy Joungward 1971
- Transactional Analysis Counselling in action by Ian Stewart 1989
- Developing transactional analysis counselling by Ian Stewart 1996
- Dictionary of Transactional Analysis by Tony Tilney 1998
- TA and Integrative approach by Pertuska Clarkson 1992
- TA in Psychotherapy by Eric Berne 1961
- Games people play by Eric Berne 1964
- Principles of group treatment by Eric Berne 1967
- What do you say after you say hello by Eric Berne 1969
- Sex inhuman loving by Eric Berne 1970
- Structure and dynamics of organisations and groups by Eric Berne 1966
- A layman’s guide to Psychiatry and Psychoanalysis by Eric Berne 1947
- 100 tips and techniques in Transactional Analysis by Mark wWdowson 2011
- Changing lives through Redecision Therapy by the Goulding’s 1979
- Achieving emotional literacy by Claude Steiner 1997
- Beyond empathy by Richard Erskine 1992
- Integrative psychotherapy in action by Richard Erskine 1990
- The art and science of relationship by Richard Erskine 1998
- Relational Transactional Analysis by Hargenden and Still 2008
- Growing up again by Jean Insley – Clark 1998
- I’m okay your okay by Tom Harris 1992
- Staying OK by Tom Harris 1994
- Transactional analysis by Wool0ms and Brown 1998
- Personality Adaptations by Ian Stewart and van joines 2006
- Eric Berne by Ian Stewart 1998
- Transactional analysis skills by Phil Lapworth 2010
- Shadow above the object by Christopher Bollas 2000
- Integrative psychotherapy action by Richard Erskine 1990
The books above represent a wide selection of Transactional Analysis books, which provide a comprehensive reading in the area of Transaction Analysis over the last five decades. My apologies if I’ve left out some of your favourite TA books out, please let me know and I will add them to the list.